There are many reasons for the sale of a company. It can be the owner seeking retirement, life changes (divorce, death in the family) and/or arranging a management buyout; it may even be a minority shareholder seeking liquidity (stock sale) in an otherwise non-liquid asset. These are just a few.
Selling a company also involves many questions in search of answers regarding return on assets sold, taxation, proceeds distribution, asset verses stock sale, etc. With proper planning and pre-sale packaging, many of these questions are answered in advance of any negotiations.
There are many reasons for acquiring a company as well. Growth, whether strategic or financial, are principal drivers in such C-level decisions. Taft Street Capital’s experienced and successful team can help with the preparation and execution of any such plan as follows:
- Assessing Growth Needs in View of Strategic Plan
- Development of Company Target List (including stand-alones and carve-outs)
- Contact With Target Companies and Gaining Relevant Information
- LOI Preparation
- Target Valuation
- Negotiating and Structuring Transaction
- Drafting the Acquisition Offer for Principals’ Approval
- Coordination of Due Diligence
- Coordinating and Supervising the Closing of the Transaction